I got caught by Liquor Store Bear. Only me could be caught by an inebriated, pint-sized (and pint drinking) teddy bear. You guessed it. Liquor Store Bear was the first one to tag me. After weeks of seeing Tag floating around, I had somehow manage to skirt the entire affair. Maybe, that was why I had stopped running. Or was it the mescal?
Although this is not an award, it does have a graphic to display for the post, around which rules should be displayed. So, the next thing to do is post the plaque and the rules. Shall we?
1. Post the rules. (I am trying.)
2. Answer the questions. (We are not to the questions, yet.)
3. Create 11 new questions. (Perhaps, more mescal would make it easier.)
4. Tag 11 people with the post. (Tehe. That is the fun part.)
5. Let them know you tagged them. (Not a chance. No way. No how. Oh, wait. I already tagged them. So, okay.)
1. Do you have a test or tests to help you judge someone’s character?
Yes, the pregnant silence. I tend to not follow the script (go figure). When I am expected to deliver a line, I make eye contact silently with expectant body language. What the other person fills the silence with orally and tacitly is significant and revealing. Their comfort level is even more definitive.
2. When did you first feel like a grown up?
At three. I told my pregnant mother if she was not coming home with a baby brother, she best not come home at all. She stayed in the hospital an extra day trying to play Let’s Make a Deal to come home with my little sister.
3. What is something you read which made you wish you could write that well?
The Rime of the Ancyent Marinere (Rime of the Ancient Mariner), by Samuel Taylor Coleridge. It taught me all literary devices can be employed in rhyme and with rhythm, without losing their edge or the reader’s attention. Homer’s Iliad comes in a close second.
4. What do you say when you answer the telephone?
To Bear: Hello, my darling.
To my children: How much is this going to cost me?
To my sisters: What can I do you out of?
To my friends: Your dime, my time.
To telemarketers: You rang? Telemarketer: (Babble) How are you this evening? Me: Disinterested.
To wrong numbers: I am so glad you called! When are you going to get here? (Generally, in French.)
5. Have you ever stiffed someone on a tip?
No, but I have left a penny. Stiffing someone means you may have merely been forgetful. Leaving a penny lets the server know you did not forget, but paid what you felt the service earned.
6. Do you have a favorite writing utensil?
7. Do you use a calendar?
Yes. To make postcards, framed art, collages, paper airplanes, crafts, table levelers and the occasional litter box liner. Oh, and to send me annoying messages I should be somewhere I never wanted to go.
8. Do you have road rage?
Only when I ride shotgun. And mostly at the driver of the vehicle in which I am riding shotgun.
9. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Yes. Sleep is not on the menu very often. My inner vampire demands I go to the darkness of the bedroom when the sun rises. The call of the morning breeze gets me out of bed. It is a vicious circle.
10. What surprised you about blogging when you first started?
Someone came along and called it blogging; the definition would be misinterpreted and applied universally; and then, blogging would come to encompass all it does today. I had done it for years before it had this name. It was called writing on the Internet. However, it was not then, nor is merely now, an online journal or diary.
11. If you could drink anything at all, what would you choose.
Nitroglycerin. Then, I really could be dynamite in a small package.
These are the ones the taggees get to answer on their blogs.
1. Why did you give your blog this name?
2. What is your all-time favorite type of shoe (be descriptive)?
3. If you had to choose only one to have, television or telephone?
4. If you could travel in time, which direction would you go?
5. When you were in kindergarten, what did you want to grow up to be?
6. What is your theme song?
7. Who was your first celebrity crush, and how did you get over it?
8. What movie should you have been the star, and why are you the obvious choice?
9. Who is the last person to make you smile?
10. What is the most influential book you have read?
11. Have you ever done something for the adrenaline rush?
10. Mama in Motion
11. Not Quite Old
Please tag back to this post, so I will be able to find your answers (not to the home page, please). There were only about 47 other blogs I would liked to have also tagged. If you are reading this and have not been tagged, you are more than welcome to play along. Simply follow the rules and tag back here!
You have Liquor Store Bear (no relation to my Bear) to thank for the foregoing fun and nonsense. Stop by and buy the bear a drink. Apparently, his parents are being a bit dry these days.
Who do you think is the least likely to answer the tag? Who do you think will be the first one to tag back? Which of my answers was the biggest surprise? Thank you for reading the 400th post on M3. I appreciate you for sharing it with me.
(c) Ann Marie Dwyer 2012
Reblogging of this or any other post on Momma’s Money Matters is expressly forbidden.
Spread the Love!