I am completely convinced M3 has the very best audience in all of the blogosphere. In less than one week, you left me more than 140 messages, many more likes, lots of stars and more questions than I thought would surface.
Here’s the laundry list of things I need to do when I get home:
- Plug in laptop…it is going to be a long ride.
- Make full pot of coffee. Pour two cups. Make more coffee. Snort teaspoon of coffee straight from grinder.
- Read Muse for Monday to see if I posted the wrong poem
or if the Kool-aid was really goodor if it really does read that way.
- Get a post ready for Talk Tuesday. We are definitely going to talk about something (not the poetry).
- Write the writer’s version of what maelstrom was in my brain when I wrote The Night Scene.
- Tear down poll and process results (Oh, my word! So many votes!)
Scan hatemail for new survey subject.
- Build awards post for all awards earned whilst on vacation.
- Schedule 27 hours to read all the blogs I missed.
- Find good transcription software, so I can not type so much.
- Take nap.
- Read more blogs.
- Remember how to use social media…again.
#7 fell off the to-do list while I was writing. My tele was reading my email to me while I was typing, and I found the next poll. Hopefully, I will get it up before tonight’s post at 2000.
Before all of that…
I just need to tell you all Thank you!
You have been so busy whilst I was gone! Since noon Sunday, 08JAN12, you left me more than 140 comments! You shared lots of posts. You laughed, thought, talked about it, thought some more and asked questions…even though you knew it would take me a while to get back to you.
Last night, someone who did not leave a comment was the 20,000th visitor to M3! You (Can you see your reflection in the screen? No, turn on the webcam and take your picture!) make blogging fun and worthwhile.
Now, for Some Substance, Sort of…
The storms I saw on the first leg of the vacation made for some gorgeous shots of the sky when the rain clouds retreated. I admit, I take pictures of strange things, but this one is worth sharing. Some days, the sky makes you remember what a beautiful planet we have. The colors in the sky as I drove to pick up the children were A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.
Once we got back to the hotel and crashed, it was obvious even before both my eyes were open, the short ones were ready for room service or me to get vertical and orchestrate breakfast of some variety. However, being resourceful, Little Bear was one step ahead of the game kicked back in the chair with the Real Yellow Pages scanning for delivery. Shame. He was looking through the listings of Movers. Similar theory, but not quite how to get food delivered to the room.
So, I get up and give in to the starving brood, who are convinced they have not eaten since Baton Rouge…in May. Off to the restaurant we go. In the elevator, Little V’s favorite ride outside the StairMaster, we went over the basics:
- Volume control
- Chew with your lips together
- Eat food before dessert and a third drink
- Feet forward
- Napkin in lap
- One set of silverware
- Keep your knife to yourself
…basics. Oh, yeah. I forgot…We only see food on the plate. *Sigh*
In her defense, the melon was to get the taste of dill pickle off her tongue. *Sinister Grin* When will they get wise to Oh, try it! You will like it!?
Where do you eat on vacation? Room service? Restaurants? Drive-through? Take-out? Delivery? Convenience store? Grocery store food in the room? Yes is a possible answer!
© Red Dwyer 2012
Reblogging of this or any other post on The M3 Blog is expressly forbidden.
Spread the Love!