After so very stinking much talk about divorce, I thought it was high time I passed around some more positive thoughts besides merely what not to do. This post is very much geared toward what TO do. Let’s put some gold stars out, shall we?
Over the last week, M3 has been showered with awards. Although this post has been in the works since before my birthday, every time I get to the end of it…there is another one to add. Before this turns into a 7,000 word post, I had best get on with it.
The following bloggers have been lurking in the shadows or been very vocal in the comments:
Each of them came bearing one of the following, which requires something different:
Boy Mom Blog brings you the best of parenting the alien race: Little boys. She is an only child who is discovering life with siblings is a completely different bowl of fruit. Her sons are darling and are constantly into some adventure you will not want to miss.
The Versatile Blogger Award is one with a 7/15 requirement (Seven secrets/15 blogs awarded)
Raven has been on an interesting road. Razor sharp wit and a boundless dose of compassion make the trip to Ravenwood worth the scroll every time. She and I share a Sean Connery fascination, among many, many other things. Stop by for a heartfelt laugh or a scratch of the noggin’. Odds are good for both.
The Sunshine Award has some specific questions and then the nomination of six blogs.
Candle Lighter Award
Wishing Circle sends messages which restore faith in yourself. A writer who quit, but returned to, writing gives you insights on how making good decisions from a good perspective can make even seeming bad situations better. Stop by and make a wish.
This award is for blog which light the path. Whether faith, humor, humility, humanity or compassion, it is for uplifting blogs. More on it below in the awards section.
Wrap Cloth’s tag line is so very apt: Quality above quantity or speed every time. Whether uncovering scams targeting the writers of the world or framing a post around the lyrics of a song, he is constantly entertaining. This is an award swap, as Nigel awarded me another VBA, but in the interest of spreading different awards…the swap.
Liebster is for blogs with less than 200 followers and requires passing the award to five blogs.
And with no further ado…
1. My all time favorite movie is Alice in Wonderland…the original Disney animated version, although the new live action one does get an honorable mention.
2. If left to my own devices, I would have a full time sushi chef on staff.
3. Some days, a pedicure is better than a therapy visit.
4. I vacillate between believing my BlackBerry is the best invention in the world and actually the physical location of Hell.
5. I have cut the grass precisely once in the last decade. That was too many.
6. Fish are very expressive pets. Especially the kind which are not food substance.
7. I can sleep with my eyes open.
Stop by these blogs, which are definitely versatile. Oh, and tell them I sent you because I am so not telling. (wicked, evil laughter)
1. Favorite Color: Orange. But red, green, blue and black are following closely, and in that order.
2. Favorite Animal: Polar bear. But I will take a horse any day.
3. Favorite Number: 4. It stands for solidity, endurance and stability (much like the rock at the end of my neck). It represents a grounded nature in all things: 4 seasons, 4 directions, 4 elements. The square is the symbol of home, solidity and calmness. Symbolized by the sign for the planet Mercury, four represents open-mindedness, new ideas and intelligence.
4. Favorite Non-Alcoholic Drink: Coffee.
5. Facebook or Twitter: Google+
6. My Passion: Creating.
7. Getting or Giving Presents: Yes.
8. Favorite Pattern: Paisley. Hound’s tooth gets an immediate honorable mention.
9. Favorite Day of the Week: Monday. Ruled by the Moon. Represented by the Tiger. Found in the East.
10. Favorite Flower: John F. Kennedy Rose.
Blogs I award the Sunshine Award:
Blogs I award the Liebster:
The instructions to the Candle Lighter are simple.
Blogs I award the Candle Lighter:
Thank you for playing.
In a post which will surely bring a ding to the site for spam by the sheer number of links, I bid you happy reading. Remember to tell them I sent you! I hope you find something in each of these blogs which will give you a clue as to why I read twice as much as I write on a good day…and read instead of write on a bad one.